Job analysis, evaluation and development of accurate job descriptions support many critical aspects of an organization’s human resources management –
- Recruiting the right person for the job
- Establishment of competitive compensation based on the value of the job and the skills & experience of the new hire
- Individual productivity and employee engagement
- Streamline of work processes and accountability
- Identification of training needs
- Compliance with labor laws and legislation
Regardless of the need, completing job analysis or evaluation or developing job descriptions effectively is of the utmost importance and requires specific expertise and knowledge.
Job Descriptions – Why are they important and what should they include?
Job descriptions are the foundation of organizational performance, and are critical to assuring each person knows what is expected. QUANTUM ASCENDANCE-developed job descriptions:
- Define the jobs for performance planning, transfer, promotion, staff planning, career, and disability accommodation purposes
- Use standard formats that allow for consistent application
- Give employees written definitions of their jobs
- Provide reliable sources for compensation plan design and establishing internal equity
- Help organizations move swiftly to increase or replace staff due to increased business or turnover
- Help those responsible for work flow to perform systematic analyses of organizations’ work processes from start to finish
- Assist in meeting important compliance obligations
We develop job descriptions that are broad, descriptive, and flexible to enable adaptation to your organization’s changing needs.
This ensures alignment of each job to the overall success of the organization, while providing the details needed to support effective job performance.
At the same time, every job description includes the minimum criteria needed to successfully perform in the job such as required knowledge, skills, and abilities, responsibilities, reporting structure, and typical mental and physical requirements of the job for American with Disability Act (ADA) compliance.
Contact us today for your job analysis, evaluation & description needs.